Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Watch Out for Rock Snot

                           
Right now you are all probably thinking I have lost my marbles and it is only my second post. I promise you I have not, but with that said this post is going to help keep you safe. You will understand as you read this post that I am trying to possibly save your life and possibly that of your fishery as well. I know I can hear all the oans and groans now, as I am typing this. I kid you not it blew my mind when I got these and tried them out.

So what exactly am I talking about. Well Goathead Gear of course, whats that what is a Goathead? Well technically speaking it is the upper portion of goat that contains it’s brains and horns, and usually used in showing dominance against another goat. But in the case of this post it is the name of a company based out of Utah, that really stepped up the name of the traction game for flyfishermen, trail runners and hikers. The whole name of the company is Goathead Gear Solespikes. You can get yours at www.solespikes.com . Three guys one who is a dedicated flyfishermen and the other two serious trail runners, got sick of the slick of things when they were out enjoying their sports. So they put their heads together and came up with these great spikes.

They had sent me a few cups and man these spike are killer. I mean every wading boot company out there has tried something to help with traction, problem is they didn’t have these guys behind the design. I have worn many pairs of wading boots from the top companies out there and can’t fish for more than one day without completely destroying the metal spikes that were built into the boot. With the Goathead Spike I have had them in my boots now for over three weeks, and I swear it’s like I just put them in. Not only that with a lot of states going to the no felt sole regulations, you couldn’t ask for a better alternative do you slip on that rock snot. Bonus is when you buy these bad boys they come in a plastic cup container (reminds me if a dip container) or small hockey puck. Once you have your spikes installed the containers doubles as a (small dip container LOL) fly box.

So your asking yourself right now where is the live saving or water saving part of this. Well if you are asking that, then you need to learn to read better. With these spikes you don’t need the felt, so implies better water because your draggin awuatic hitchikers to every waterway you fish. Live saving as it may be did you not see the part where YOU WON”T SLIP ON ROCK SNOT!!!!
Please check them out they are gaining some ground literally in the fly fishing world, and if your a hiker try them in your hiking boots. I did best move I ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment